Millers Point is a neighbouring Suburb of Walsh Bay located on the north-western edge of the Sydney central business district, adjacent to Walsh Bay, Dawes Point and The Rocks.
The Barangaroo development is taking place on 22 hectares of land on the western side of Millers Point.
A small mill consisting of three windmills owned by Jack Leighton was located here. The area became known as Jack, the Miller's Point.
In May 1835 a single storey sandstone building with two rooms that could be opened into one was completed as a school that doubled as a place of worship. St Brigid's Millers Point is the oldest existing place of Catholic worship in Australia. The school closed in 1992 but the church continues to be used by the local community.